Civezza lies on the ridge of a hill, in the first hinterland, at 222 meters above sea level, a shelter of two valleys.
The historical documents narrate that they were made by three Venetians, who fled their land for political dissent, built a gondola shape to refer to its origin the name of the same, from the Latin "Cives Etiam".
Come on a ?? gondola ?? among secular olive trees offers a breathtaking view: to the south the sea, to the north Mount Faudo with the villages of Pietrabruna, Boscomaro and Torre Paponi on the slopes and all around evergreen vegetation: olive trees and Mediterranean scrub still wild and unspoiled for spectacular views from postcard and suggestive paths of treckking or mountain biking.
The five Saracen towers spread along the town, strategically, at the time, sighting ramparts and defense against the incursions of the Moors from the sea.
Civezza is ideal for a beach holiday: a summer stay to sunbathe, to discover splendid coastal landscapes, hidden bays, sandy and pebbly beaches and why not, to practice the most popular water sports, from sailing, windsurfing and diving .
In summer, the seaside resorts and the hinterland become a natural stage, hosting shows, festivals and concerts under the stars.
In Civezza there are
• Two Restaurants bar
• Two food stores
• A minimarket open every day, located on the provincial road to Civezza
• A post office (open every other day)
• A pharmacy
• Two playgrounds
• A field for playing soccer and / or tennis
• Free parking, are located in the immediate vicinity of the historic center, compared to our homes less than 50 meters.
Distances and surroundings
Civezza is just 4 km from the sea (San Lorenzo al mare), 10 km from Imperia, 60-70 from Nizza - Principato di Monaco - Costa Azzurra and 100 from Genoa.
During the summer, an additional shuttle bus shuttles between Civezza and the sea (San Lorenzo al Mare) with frequent runs, avoiding traffic problems and parking (from 7 July to 26 August) .
In San Lorenzo al Mare begins the cycle path of the coastal park of western Liguria, one of the longest in the Mediterranean that, along the sea, comes to Ospedaletti, crossing small villages and allowing easy access to beaches and cliffs.
One hour by car Genoa, with its historic center, museums, historic buildings, the aquarium and for the smaller dedicated structures: the city of the boys in the ancient port, the Luzzati museum.
To the west and reachable in about 30-40 min Menton, Monte Carlo, Nice, Cannes, San Tropez, Antibes (marineland).
Caves, reserves and natural sites allow you to make an ecological holiday surrounded by nature:
• In the extreme western Ligurian the caves of the red jumps: cavity inside a cliff overlooking the sea; at the foot of the cliff the beach of the red jumps, set in a picturesque coastal corner.
• Two other important underground routes are the caves of Borgio Verezzi (Finale Ligure) and those of Toirano in the hinterland of Borghetto Santo Spirito.